About Oslo Region Alliance
The Oslo Region Alliance(Osloregionen) was established 1 January 2005 and today consists of 65 municipalities, including the City of Oslo. The region of Oslo has about 2.3 million inhabitants.
The alliance is a collaborative, political membership organisation with a goal to strengthen the Oslo region internationally as a competitive and sustainable region. This regional collaboration is a response to increasing pressure for national growth and growing competition among international cities and regions.
Strategy for achieving the overall goal
- Direct efforts to brand the Oslo region and market internationally.
- Positively influence factors that make the Oslo region more competitive and sustainable.
- Coordinated branding initatives through Oslo Brand Toolbox based on the The Oslo Region Brand Management Strategy
- Competence, innovation and competitiveness. See the latest international review of Oslo’s comparative performance: Oslo State of the City 2020
- Spatial development, transport and communications. See the coordinated area and transport strategy for the Oslo region (in Norwegian): Samordnet areal- og transportstrategi for OSLOREGIONEN 2016
- Climate policies
The Council is the highest political body of Oslo Region Alliance and is comprised of the mayors of the municipalities in the region, as well as the governing mayor of the City of Oslo.
The Board is the executive body of the Oslo Region Alliance and has a total of 18 members represented by municipal mayors and the governing mayor of the City of Oslo, the Board’s current chairman.
The Secretariat serves the Oslo Region’s political bodies and is responsible for overall coordination of the administrative work of the alliance. The alliance has a liaison group and technical groups with members from the region’s municipal and county administrations.
Tel: 926 62 986
Eva Næss Karlsen
Tel: 900 63 086